Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oh, the People In My Life



My good brother, Jeremy Grider, was baptized just a few weeks ago. Since his journey into the Saviors kingdom, he has received the gift of the Holy Ghost, the Aaronic Priesthood, and a Temple Recommend.  He has been called to be our sacrament coordinator as well. This young man is one of the most incredible people I know. I don't know how life would be without good ole Jeremy. He desires to serve a mission next September in 2014. The Lord gathers His elect, and Jeremy is certainly one of them!  Oh, the People in My Life.

That next week, Jeremy went to the temple for his first time. He mentioned the peace he felt in the Lords house. What sweet peace the gospel brings to seeking minds of truth. He's changed so much in the past few weeks, even to a point that he corrected me on an error I mentioned about the priesthood. He's taking the gospel of Jesus Christ and soaking it all in. What a blessing it is too see lives changed. Oh, the People in My Life.


A week after Jeremy's baptism was my great friend Lynsie Hojnowski's baptism. She has rapidly progressed, and her example continues to radiate light. I wish we had some pictures from her baptism. We're working on getting them from our Sister Missionaries. Lynsie Hojnowski is one special gal. Being invited to talk at her baptism about the Holy Ghost was such a humbling experience. Her family was there, which had a mighty impact on the words I shared. As I ended my remarks, I looked them all in the eyes and expressed from the depth of my heart that, "Families are forever." I showed them a picture of the temple on my phone and expressed that this blessing is available within the walls of the Lords House. What a mighty family! Oh, the People in My Life.


The week following Lynsie's baptism, was our good friend Mike's baptism. Mike is one of the most incredible people I know. The Sisters ran into Him on campus about a month ago, and now he stands as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He describes most of his experiences within the gospel as very peaceful. He received the gift of the Holy Ghost today, which was incredible. Mike is now a member of our Savior's Church here on earth. Brother Jeremy Grider was able to perform that baptism through the priesthood authority he has received. Can life get any better than this? Jeremy, Lynsie, and Mike... Oh, the People in My Life.



I testify that the smiles on their faces have came as a direct result of change, through Christ. We must go on in such great a cause! All God's children matter to Him, and the Church would not be the same without them, and it will only become stronger as more of His children enter into His fold! Share your testimonies, and change a life... In turn, your life will be changed. I couldn't imagine my life without these individuals. We are all part of a great big eternal family. 

Oh, the People in My Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment