Tuesday, September 24, 2013

2 Months Ago I Was There... Now I'm here



What if words could express the souls deepest yearnings? What kind of language would we speak?

I'm by no means a good writer, nor do my words give justice to the things my heart truly yearns to express. This blog is a symbol of my testimony, not an expression of my ability to put big words together. Simply put, this public journal will, at all times, describe a simple mans thoughts, beliefs, and experiences. I hope to share those "things which matter most". I personally feel, as do many others, that the people around us matter most. When Enoch (a prophet of God) was one day talking to the Lord, he asked Him, "How is it that thou canst weep, seeing that thou art holy, and from all eternity to all eternity?" The Lord later replied, "Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency; 33 And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood" (Moses 7:29-33). Our loving Father in Heaven weeps. Why? Because "love for thy neighbor" has waxed very cold. It was happening in Enoch's time several thousand years ago, and it continues on today. If our goal is to someday reach our eternal destiny, we would be wise to follow Him who knows exactly how to get us there. Taking the second great commandment to "love thy neighbor as thyself", and never letting go. Making sure it always comes after the first, which is to, "love the Lord Thy God with all thy soul..." (Matthew 22:37-40).


My goal in life is to grow closer to our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ. That is what I desire. And since that is the desire of my heart, I must share it. The Lord asks us to let our "light so shine", and if there is any light in me, I hope to let it shine through this blog. Might we all grow closer to Him who died to make men free. Someday hearing, "Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matthew 25:34). 


Today marks exactly two months since being back home. It's been a rough adjustment, but I now know why I'm here. That question I asked at the beginning, "What if words could express the souls deepest yearning?" Words can't express all that I feel, but I hope, that through my words, you might come to understand at least a little of what I feel. That which I feel, is my Saviors love. "I feel my Saviors love, in all the world around me. His spirit warms my soul, through everything I see. He knows I will follow Him, give all my life to Him. I feel my Savior's love, the love He freely gives me." (LDS Hymn, p. 74). That is what I feel. That is what I hope to share. This world needs the gospel of Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ needs us. Is my testimony, in His Holy Name, even Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment